El alma que ha visto, lo mejor posible, las esencias y la verdad, deberá constituir un hombre, que se consagrará a la sabiduría, a la belleza, a las musas y al amor. Platón, Fedro o de la belleza.
Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road. Isak Dinesen
Sólo vemos lo que miramos. Mirar es elegir. John Berger
Y cogeré hasta el final de los tiempos, las plateadas manzanas de la Luna, las doradas manzanas del Sol. William Butler Yeats

jueves, 28 de noviembre de 2013

¿Qué fue del Pirata Roberts?




The Princess Bride (1987) by Rob Reiner

Man in Black: Rest, Highness
Buttercup: I know who are you. Your cruelty reveals everything. You are the Dreap Pirate Roberts, admit it!
Pirate Roberts: With pride. What can I do for you?
Buttercup: You can die slowly, cut in two a thousands pieces.
Pirate Roberts: Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk. hardly complimentary, your highness. Why loose your venom on me?
Buttercup: You killed my love.
Pirate Roberts: It´s possible. I kill a lot of people. Who was this love of yours? Another prince like this one, ugly, rich and scabby?
Buttercup: No, a farm boy, poor, poor and perfect. With eyes like the after storm. On the high seas, your ship attacked. And the Dread Pirate Roberts never takes prisioners.
Pirate Roberts: I can´t afford to make exceptions. I mean once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people begin to disobey you and then it´s nothing but work, work, work all the time. 
Buttercup: You mock my pain!
Pirate Roberts: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. I remember this farm boy of yours, I think. This would be, what, five years ago? Does it bother you to hear?
Buttercup: Nothing you can say will upset me.
Pirate Roberts: He died well, that should please you. No bribe attempts or blubbering. He simply said, "please, please...I need to live", it was the "please" that caught my memory. I asked him what was so important for him here. "True love", he replied. And then he spoke of a girl of surpasing beauty and faithfullness. i can only assume he meant you. You should bless me for destroying him before he found out what you really are.
Buttercup: Ans, what am I?
Pirate Roberts: Faithfulness he talked of, Madame. Your enduring faithfulness. Now tell me truly, when you found out he was gone, did you get engaged to your prince at the same hour or did you wait a whole week out of respect for the dead?
Buttercup: You mocked me once. Never do it again! I died that day! And you can die for all I care!
Pirate Roberts: As...you...wish!
Buttercup: Oh, my sweet Westley, what have I done?

Humperdinck: He disappeared, He must have seen us closing in. Which might account for his panicking into error. Unless I am wrong, and I never wrong, they are headed dead in to the fire swamp.

Westley: Can you move at all?
Buttercup: Move? You´re alive! If you want I can fly.
Wesley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn´t you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well, you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop True love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario